ACTNews, SOUTH TANGERANG — A fire scorched Ciputat Market, South Tangerang, on Wednesday (5/11/2022) afternoon. The fire caused 150 stalls burnt.
According to Fitri from the ACT South Tangerang team, the fire started around 4:00 p.m. and is thought to have been started by an electrical short circuit in one of the meat stalls or meat mills.
"The fire then spread to nearby stalls and a small portion of the rented house near the kiosk. Firefighters used 12 fire trucks to put out the fire. At 06.00 p.m., the team managed to extinguish the fire," Fitri said on Thursday (5/12/2022).
Fitri continued that traders suffered losses in the form of assets and merchandise due to the fire. People living near the fire were evacuated to the Ciputat Sports Center, which housed up to 100 people or 20 families.
"In response to this incident, ACT South Tangerang immediately established a humanitarian post at Ciputat Sports Center and constructed a public kitchen for the following week. ACT team distributed assistance, including mineral water, milk, and ready-to-eat food," he explained.