Indonesian Clinic Serves Palestinians Suffering from Various Diseases

The attacks and blockade from which the Gazans have been suffering have led to the deterioration of healthcare services in the Gaza Strip. In response to the healthcare crisis, Indonesian medical clinic in Gaza provides treatments to those needing medical attention.

Doctors examine patients in Gaza. Many of the patients are those wounded by the Israeli attacks. (ACTNews)

ACTNews, GAZA - Many Palestinians in Gaza have been injured by Israeli attacks. Unfortunately, the ongoing blockade has rendered many healthcare facilities in Gaza dysfunctional. Because of this, many of the wounded and those suffering from diseases can’t get proper medical treatments. 


Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT)’s Indonesian Medical Clinic for Palestine has rendered assistance to the people of Gaza by providing medical aid. Throughout February 2021, as many as 1,323 patients benefitted from the Indonesian Medical Clinic. 


“Many of the patients came with diseases such as diarrhea, cancer, pneumonia, peptic ulcer, and influenza. Some of them also came to have their pregnancies and amputations checked.  They were happy for the excellent service provided by the Indonesian Medical Clinic,” reported Said Mukaffiy ACT's Global Humanity Response, Sunday (3/7/2021).


Thirty-one percent of the patients are 18 to 25 years old; 21 percent are 2 to 9 years old; 20 percent are 25 to 35 years old, 18 percent are 45 to 50 years old, and 10 percent are over 50 years old. In terms of gender, 55 percent of the patients are male and 45 percent are female. 


Said continued, around 30 percent of the patients suffer from wounds caused by Israeli attacks.  "The other 70 percent of patients came for the treatments of other diseases," he said.


With the deteriorating health system, the people of Palestine constantly need support from generous benefactors to keep the medical treatments going. []