Two Wamena Evacuees Arrive at Makassar

These two evacuees are assisted by ACT to be able to return to their respective hometowns.

Two Wamena Evacuees Arrive at Makassar' photo
Two Wamena residents of West Nusa Tenggara and East Kalimantan origins arrived at the ACT Humanitarian Post on Tuesday (10/1). (ACTNews/Nur Ali Akbar)

ACTNews, MAKASSAR - Two victims affected by the conflict in Wamena arrived in South Sulawesi on Tuesday (10/1) at 4 a.m. Central Indonesia Standard Time at the Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT) South Sulawesi’s humanitarian post. These two victims who arrived in Makassar were Misbah from Abepura and Miftahul Huda from Wamena.

ACT’s Director of Communications, Lukman Azis Kurniawan said that the two victims of the humanitarian conflict arrived earlier this morning at Makassar's Soekarno-Hatta Port. Furthermore, the two victims will get assistance from ACT to return to their respective hometowns.

"We will provide assist them both one after another. We will start by assisting Ms. Misbah first until she lands in her hometown in Bima, and after that we assist Mr. Miftahul Huda until he returns to his hometown in Balikpapan," Lukman said on Tuesday (10/1).

Lukman narrated Misbah’s account that the crisis in Wamena had spread to Abepura, forcing her, who is six months pregnant, to evacuate. Her husband stayed in Papua, hoping that everything would return to normal and they could live there again.